Still a bit pixilated, but my machine is all CPU not graphics card. *shrug*
I finally used some of my Daz and Photoshop stuff to recover a short story.
As a new emperor ascends the throne, the city of the Rhodoi is about to run with blood.
Larissa has to escape. Her only way out is to accept a bargain made with Xander, a beautiful stranger who practises the mysterious spirit magic of the Sardisians.
She knows the deal could cost her a piece of her soul, but the magician’s spirits want something else. Something she never expected. They want her body, her untouched flesh.
For Xander’s own pleasure.
Buy it through this link: Books2Read – Skin Magic
I’m still playing about with Genesis 2. I’ll post more of those images soon.
It’s been an age since I posted here… Bad me!
I’m getting a bit more ambitious in my scenes.
This took 11 hours–or more–to bake and turned out quite well, with only a minimal bit of post work in Photoshop.
I was sorting through Daz content that I hadn’t used…and this happened.
I do love to play it retro 🙂
I’ve also working on a mixture of stuff for post working. I was layering in light , rendering each individual light source, but that, whilst giving great control, makes for so many laborious renders and huge Photoshop files.
Then I stumbled over canvases, where you have layers generated within the Daz render. They are also huge files and I trash them after I’ve used them in an image. My harddrive is struggling as it is! I’m finding using canvases very hit and miss. What will work like a dream for one image is a hot mess for another.
This image has one, maybe two canvases at a low opacity. Mostly this is good old dodge and burn.
Onwards to finding a system and a style that works for me!
#digitalart #retroart #scifiart
Yes, I’m back to making stuff for books I haven’t written yet… Oops? This’ll probably be the image for the second book.
And silly me–I thought that creating a subscene would help me with the lighting…*insert hyena laughter* also add *10 hours later* in a SpongeBob narrator voice, because of course that didn’t work with a complete change of colours and pose. Silly me.
Though I am happy with the end result–after walking away from my computer. Twice. 😉
There’s another dragon brewing. But a trebuchet went free today. So that could get a play with, after I’m a dutiful author and actually write. Covers are useless without the words under and between them, after all.
Like what I do? Why not buy me a coffee at www.ko-fi.com?
#digitalart ##fantasyart #dragons #novellas
I’m not really happy with this image. I really like the costume…but I can never get it to work with anything! And something about this whole scene is a bit…bleurgh.
What I do like–and I learnt from playing about with the rock I left in the scene–was how to puppet wrap an image. Which is how the magical symbols are around the sword. So I am pleased with that. 🙂
#digitalart #magic #ritual
So…this outfit was going cheap–and it’s a bit mad–so how could I resist?
Image One: I’m happy with the lighting, though her upper arm and side are a bit wonky looking.
Then I thought…how could I ramp up the madness of the costume? Dragons were out. Hmm… Wings!! Everything is so much better with wings!
And the Demon Queen was born.
Image Two: Unexpectedly, I got a more photorealistic look for this image, which is incongruous for the subject matter (oh, my despairing art lecturers from a million years ago would be pleased with that sentence 😉 ).
I’ve still a long way to go in learning about lighting, obviously…but now there’s dForce stuff going cheap too. And that’s a whole new rabbit hole for me to fall down. Oh dear…
I was fiddling about with this–I’d just bought the dress–and was posing it and shifting it about, feeling the need to have negative space on the right. She was looking down…and it hit me that she was looking at something.
And I have dragon software.
Of course she was looking at her new dragon familiar. Look at her tattoo! Duh!!
Sometimes I’m so slow to catch up with my own brain, lol
I almost got the light right on this one, but I was messing about with depth of field to see what that did. When it rendered, it was grainy, so rather than wait the hours to re-render, I “cheated” with photoshop brushing and blending.
I’m still not sure about the image. The blurriness irks me.
Anyway, landscape generating software is a dangerous $2 today.
You can guess what I’ll be doing! 😉