A bit more of an illustrative look than I wanted, but I like the composition and colours. Also, hooves ftw! 😀
Simply a fun one today. I do like masking the figure and then feathering that mask to blend into the background.
This would probably benefit from a crop too. But that’s something for later 🙂
Doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun?
Looks back at the past year. Yep. No…
Anyway, feeling a bit cruddy–though I don’t think it’s…IT–and thought I’d start posting my daz/photoshop images again.
I think since I last posted I’ve improved my use of light. And there’s always the fun of photoshop.
Genesis 3 from Daz is proving more to my liking that the current version 8. So strange. I think it helps that I also have NGA2 as skin textures become so much better.
I’m happy with this one! 🙂
Now to some writing… Oops?
It’s been an age since I posted here… Bad me!
I’m getting a bit more ambitious in my scenes.
This took 11 hours–or more–to bake and turned out quite well, with only a minimal bit of post work in Photoshop.
I was sorting through Daz content that I hadn’t used…and this happened.
I do love to play it retro 🙂
I’ve also working on a mixture of stuff for post working. I was layering in light , rendering each individual light source, but that, whilst giving great control, makes for so many laborious renders and huge Photoshop files.
Then I stumbled over canvases, where you have layers generated within the Daz render. They are also huge files and I trash them after I’ve used them in an image. My harddrive is struggling as it is! I’m finding using canvases very hit and miss. What will work like a dream for one image is a hot mess for another.
This image has one, maybe two canvases at a low opacity. Mostly this is good old dodge and burn.
Onwards to finding a system and a style that works for me!
#digitalart #retroart #scifiart
I’ve been bad at not updating here. My Instagram account is a good place to catch up.
And the light on this one was a bit of a mare.
I’m still flailing my way around Daz Studio, so I may have it wrong, but I had to delete a shedload of lights that came with this Scifi background. There was an egregious amount and my machine can only take 8. After that, there was lots of fiddling with dome settings and the annoyance that is the Sun-Sky thing…
I am happy with the end result though. This image has no post work on it and I think it stands up okay.
#digitalart #scifiart #spacemedusa
Yes, I’m back to making stuff for books I haven’t written yet… Oops? This’ll probably be the image for the second book.
And silly me–I thought that creating a subscene would help me with the lighting…*insert hyena laughter* also add *10 hours later* in a SpongeBob narrator voice, because of course that didn’t work with a complete change of colours and pose. Silly me.
Though I am happy with the end result–after walking away from my computer. Twice. 😉
There’s another dragon brewing. But a trebuchet went free today. So that could get a play with, after I’m a dutiful author and actually write. Covers are useless without the words under and between them, after all.
Like what I do? Why not buy me a coffee at www.ko-fi.com?
#digitalart ##fantasyart #dragons #novellas
I originally started working with Daz3D because I couldn’t find dragon shapes I liked on stock photo sites…so I’m finally getting to use it for the original purpose two months later. 😉
I’m quite liking this image and the mock-up I have for the actual cover of A Dragon Courts Her is looking good too.
I really should get to finishing the actual book, though. I’m on the home stretch now!
#digitalart #fantasyart #dragons
I’m not really happy with this image. I really like the costume…but I can never get it to work with anything! And something about this whole scene is a bit…bleurgh.
What I do like–and I learnt from playing about with the rock I left in the scene–was how to puppet wrap an image. Which is how the magical symbols are around the sword. So I am pleased with that. 🙂
#digitalart #magic #ritual